April 15, 2010

Tax Day

Tax Day is bearing down on us again and serves as another reminder of the need to reform our outdated tax laws.

Going back to my days in the Oklahoma House, I’ve always supported reforms that lessen the tax burden on families and allow them to keep more of their hard-earned money. As a member of Congress, I’ve fought to drastically reduce the capital gains tax, the corporate tax and the estate tax in order to foster a business environment where more and better jobs can be created.

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and the other liberals in Washington believe they can tax and spend our way to prosperity. But in Oklahoma, we know that’s just not right.

We need to have a tax code that incentivizes the entrepreneurial spirit that made our country into the greatest economy in the world! I promise as governor, I will support tax policy that helps our economy thrive and allows Oklahoma families to keep more of their pay in their pockets.